Is your Netgear Orbi device constantly flashing purple? Due to this, has purple stopped being your favorite color? If the answer to both these questions is yes, then you might find relief in the fact that you aren’t the only one stuck in this situation. Users all across the globe have been experiencing the Orbi purple light issue.
But, it’s time to ease out the worry lines on your forehead because you can easily fix this issue by following the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article. So, let’s get started.
Reasons Why Your Netgear Orbi is Flashing Purple
Let’s first shed light on the reasons why you’re facing the Netgear Orbi purple light issue:
- Your internet connection is not strong enough.
- The Orbi router and satellite have not synced properly.
- Your Orbi device is surrounded by electronic and transmitting appliances.
- The cable connecting your Netgear Orbi router to the modem is damaged.
- The firmware of your Orbi router is either outdated or corrupted.
- You didn’t scan your WiFi device before putting it to use.
- Your Orbi device is loaded with heavy files.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Purple Light Issue
Now, that you know why your Netgear Orbi is flashing purple, let’s have a glance at the fixes that can help you get rid of the issue:
- No Loose Cable Connections
Start by checking all your cable connections. One of the major reasons why you are facing the Netgear Orbi purple light issue is because one of your cable connections is loose. Thus, whether it is the power cable or Ethernet cable, make sure that all your cable connections are finger-tight.
- Properly Sync the Orbi Router to the Satellite
Another reason why you’re facing the purple light issue is because your Orbi router and satellite are not synced properly. Therefore, ensure that both your WiFi devices are synced. To do so, here are the instructions that you need to follow:
- After hardware configuration, press the Sync button on your Orbi router.
- Do the same with your Netgear Orbi satellite.
- Now, give both your WiFi devices some time to get synced.
If even now your devices fail to sync and the purple light issue persists, it is recommended that you get in touch with our highly experienced technical experts.
- Relocate the Netgear Orbi Router
Most of the time, users face the Orbi purple light issue because of the incorrect location of their device. Perhaps, you are facing the issue due to the same reason. To troubleshoot it, try changing the location of your Netgear Orbi router. Also, consider the following points:
- Make sure that your Orbi router is placed in the center-most location of your house.
- The Netgear Orbi router in the same area as that of the satellite.
- Keep your WiFi device away from electronic objects and reflexive surfaces.
- Maintain a safe distance between your Netgear Orbi router and satellite.
- Update the Firmware
If your Orbi device has been blinking purple due to an outdated firmware, then perform Orbi firmware update right away. Mentioned below are the step-by-step guidelines that you need to follow in order to update your Orbi device:
- Open a web browser on your laptop.
- Visit orbilogin net and go to the Settings option.
- Select the model number of your Orbi device.
- And, click on the Firmware Update option.
Was accessing orbilogin.com and updating the firmware of your WiFi device wasn’t able to help you get rid of the purple light issue? Well, in that case, you shouldn’t waste any more time in reaching out to our team of experts.
Our experts will surely provide you with the right guidelines to get rid of the issue at hand. After that, you are free to go back to considering that purple is your favorite color.