The city of Chicago lies on Lake Michigan in Illinois and is one of the largest in the U.S. With marvels like the 1,451-foot John Hancock Center, the city is known for its bold architecture. The Willis Tower and neo-Gothic Tribune Tower. Besides, the city’s skyline is dotted with skyscrapers, which make it a memorable sight.
In this city, you can find food from all over the world. The city’s population is very diverse. Chicago is also a popular tourist destination in the country. The city’s international-style buildings, beautiful parks and streets, and great museums attract visitors from all over the world.
How to reach Chicago?
Chicago has two international airports that operate thousands of flights a day to more than 240 destinations.
No matter if you want to visit Chicago from within the country or from outside, the most convenient option is to fly down to the city. You can book your flight to Chicago right now on the official Alaska Airlines website. The company serves both Chicago Midway International Airport and Chicago O’Hare International Airport, providing great connectivity to Chicago from major cities all over the world. Alaska Airlines web check in process is very simple and easy so u don’t have any problem while onboarding.
When should you visit Chicago?
In the summer, Chicagoans or tourists can enjoy lying on the beach and skating in the parks.
Early fall is the best time to visit the city. September and October are the busiest months in the city: the weather remains warm, and there are many festivals to enjoy.
As it remains the high season of tourism, hotel rooms remain in high demand. In turn, this increases the price of hotels and flights. https://airlinestime.com can offer a solution to this problem. The site fulfils all the requirements for a happy journey at a single place.
Finding your way around Chicago
Although Chicago is a large city, it is still easy to navigate by walking, renting a car/taxi, or taking public transportation.
Among these options, public transportation is the most convenient. You can take elevated trains operated by the Chicago Transit Authority. Trains are the most convenient and cost-effective way to travel within the city.
Top most places in Chicago
- Millennium Park – During the weekend, Millennium Park is the place to experience the city’s weekend vibes. It is famous for hosting concerts and festivals from time to time in Chicago.
- Riverwalk – Walking along the Riverwalk and admiring the city lights next to the Chicago River is an experience you should not pass up.
- John Hancock Observatory – Also known as “360 Chicago,” this place offers a full view of the city from 1000 ft. above ground Myenvoyair.
- Lincoln Park Zoo – If you are a nature and animal lover, this place is not one to be missed.
- Shedd Aquarium is home to approximately 32,000 animals, including sea otters, frogs, penguins, sharks, beluga whales, and a variety of fish and coral species.
Where to stay in Chicago?
On a family vacation in the city, try to find suitable accommodation in/near Downtown, including the Loop, which contains the city’s top historic sites.
If you are on a shopping trip, book a hotel in the Streeterville district, which is next to Magnificent Mile and houses hundreds of retail outlets.
The Lincoln Park neighborhood is also a great place to stay.