The neck is made up of vertebrae which starts from the skull and end on the upper torso. Cervical discs are used to absorb shock between the bones while bones, ligaments, and muscles of the neck are used to support the head and allow for motion. Let me inform you that any abnormalities, inflammation, or injury can cause neck pain or stiffness.
Nowadays a lot of people is suffering from neck pain or stiffness. And most of the cases are due to poor posture or overuse. While in some cases neck pain is caused by an injury from a fall, contact sports, or whiplash.
A recent study of Topsleepingexpert from Australia showed that over 8 percent of people who suffer back pain is caused by their mattress.
Every time this is not a serious condition and it can be relieved within a few days. And in serious cases, you will need a doctor if your neck has a serious injury. A person who is suffering from the neck pain for a long time or is accompanied by other symptoms then he should definitely seek medical attention as soon as possible for him.
Causes of neck pain
Neck pain or stiffness can happen because of a lot of reasons while Muscle tension and strain is usually happened due to activities and behaviors like:
- Bad posture
- If you are working at a desk for too long a time and you are not changing your position.
- Sleep in bad posture during the night.
- Jerking during exercise
Symptoms Of the Neck Pain
- Pain by holding your head in one place for long periods
- It could be muscle tightness and spasms.
- If you feel that your ability has been decreased ability to move your head
- A headache can also be the cause of the neck pain.
Factors that are effective in keeping the neck pain away
Stretching can remove keep the pain
- You have to put your monitor at eye level and try to sit up in a straight position. If you are working on the computer then avoid tilting and twisting your head down or to the side.
- Second thing when you are driving or looking at your smartphone then you must be sure to take frequent breaks. Try to avoid neck bent forward for long periods of time.
- You will get a relief from a stiff neck if you are performing proper stretching and manipulation.
Following neck pain stretches can be tried at your desk or in the car:-
- You have to roll your shoulders backward and down 10 times.
- And after that try to squeeze your shoulder blades together for 10 times.
- Now you can push your head back into your car headrest or hands and then you have to hold it for 30 seconds.
- Finally, you have to bring your ear to your shoulder 10 times. And don’t forget to do it on each side.
Simple and easy steps to cure minor neck pain or stiffness:
- You have to apply ice for the first few days and after that, you have to apply heat with a heating pad. Also, you can take a hot shower.
- Few doctors suggest OTC pain relievers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. But try to avoid painkillers because it can be harmful to you.
- Just take a few days off form the sports and avoid heavy lifting and when you will be back with the normal activity then start slowly.
- Try to exercise every day for that you have to bring your ear to your shoulder 10 times. And don’t forget to do it on each side.
- Try to avoid cradling the phone between your neck and shoulder.
- You have to change your position regularly.
- Always give a gentle massage to your neck.
- The best pillow that you often choose should be based on your preferences. If you are stomach sleepers then you should go for soft just like that for a side sleepers medium soft pillow is best while back sleepers should go for the firm.
- Never use a neck brace or collar without the recommendation of the doctor. Learn more about the kind of doctor you need to ease neck pain.
- You have to Stay well hydrated and drink at least 8 large glasses of water a day. If you will drink lots of water during the day then it will nourish and hydrate the discs. Discs are the spongy structures that lie between the vertebrae in your neck. They are made up of mostly water so if it will stay well hydrated then it will help to keep your discs strong.
If you have neck pain it is advisable to buy the best mattress in India.
Hope you enjoyed the article. You could also check out our another awesome article about different kinds of sugar which are good for your health.
Stay Fit, Stay Happy!