Are you facing issues with your Linksys WiFi setup? Looking for assistance to get the Linksys WiFi setup process completed? Well, this troubleshooting guide is going to save you from all the hassle.
No matter whether you own a Linksys router or extender, we’re going to explain workarounds for both the setup processes so that you can make the most of your WiFi experience. Let’s get started!
Steps to Perform Linksys Router Setup
Make sure you follow the steps the same as we are going to explain in the write-up for a hassle-free setup of your Linksys router.
- Connect your Linksys router to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Once done, plug the router into a power socket and turn the power button on.
- Wait till you see the LED lights on your Linksys router lit green.
- Now open a web browser on your computer and enter the default IP of your Linksys in the address bar.
- As soon as you press the Enter key, the Linksys router login page will reveal on your screen.
- Type in the default password and proceed further.
- Once you reach out to the dashboard of your Linksys router, follow the on-screen prompts and complete the Linksys router setup process.
Steps to Perform Linksys Extender Setup
Once you are done with the setup process of your Linksys router, you can start setting up your extender for covering your entire home with sufficient WiFi signals. Here is the process to set up Linksys extender.
- Connect your Linksys extender to the power socket and turn the device on.
- Wait till the lights on the device become stable.
- Once done, connect it to your router. You can connect the devices with the help of a wireless connection or use an Ethernet cable as well.
Quick Tip: If you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your Linksys router and extender, make sure there is no cut in the cable.
- Now, launch a web browser on the computer you are using to perform Linksys extender setup.
- Next, type the default web address of the Linksys extender to access the login page.
- extender.linksys.com is the web address you need to access for logging in to your extender.
- Pressing the Enter key, you will reach the login page.
- Here, enter the login password of your extender and select the Log In option.
- Linksys extender setup wizard will open on your computer’s screen.
- Here, locate the list of WiFi networks and choose the name of the network to which you want to connect.
- Once done, follow the prompts revealing on your system’s screen.
- This way you will be able to complete the process of Linksys extender setup.
Additional Tips for Successful Linksys WiFi Setup
Whether you perform Linksys router/extender setup, the tips given below will help you execute the process in a seamless manner as well as get success in it. Here we go:
- Keep in mind to choose working power outlets for all your devices. Also, ensure that the outlets are providing a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Make sure you choose an updated web browser for doing the Linksys WiFi setup. Also, consider wiping off the cache, cookies, and history from the browser to avoid any setup-related issues.
- Type the default IP or web address of your Linksys without any typing mistakes.
- At the time of Linksys extender setup, keep the extender closer to your router for a successful installation.
- Keep all the WiFi-interfering devices away from your Linksys router and extender. Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, cordless phones, other WiFi devices, metal appliances, and wall outlets are to name a few that can interfere with the WiFi signals of your Linksys.
- Access the manual of your Linksys for getting a username and password-related details.
It is expected that following all the Linksys WiFi setup steps above, you will be able to make your Linksys router or extender up and running. Just in case you still find any issues while setting up the devices, get in touch with technical experts for help. They will help you configure your Linksys WiFi setup in a matter of minutes.