Have you completed your QuickBooks reconfiguration? Having difficulty accessing QuickBooks? Error 3371 with status code 11118 showing up as the blinking-up error. It looks like you’re having trouble now, but don’t panic because it’s only a simple mistake. During the process of opening or activating QuickBooks in your system, you encounter this error. The error is called QuickBooks Error 3371.
We will provide you with the easiest of solutions to counter this error. We have provided you with all the important information in our post, so read it till the end and understand everything you need.
QuickBooks Error 3371: Introduction
A text error appears twinkling on the desktop screen when a user first uses the software after reconfiguring the system for the first time:
“QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118”
“QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data”.
This error occurs if the system shuts down immediately or data on the system is corrupted. Simply click on OK and exit the window.
Triggers to Identify QuickBooks Error 3371
- Sometimes, the Windows operating system crashes and corrupts the system.
- It quotes the message as: It reads:
“QuickBooks could not upload the license data. This may be caused by a damaged or missing file”.
“For troubleshooting, notice the error and write the following in a web browser window.”
Enter OK & exit.
Solutions to Rectify Error 3371 QuickBooks Status Code 1
The solutions to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 3371 are here below.
Solution 1: Update Windows and recreate the ECML file
After updating the operating system, we will recreate the ECML file to fix error 3371.
- Begin by clicking the Start button.
- Next, select the All Program option and then Windows Update.
- The latest Windows upgrades will now be displayed in a list.
- Wait a few seconds after selecting the latest update.
- Fix the entitlement and registration issues by recreating entitlementDataStore.ECML.
- Finally, reinstall QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Using Basic QuickBooks Tools
QuickBooks Error 3371 can be easily fixed by using some basic QuickBooks tools such as the following:
- QuickBooks Tool Hub
- QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
- QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks offers all of these free tools. It just takes a few clicks for these tools to identify all the errors and issues. Once detected, these issues will be automatically repaired.
Solution 3: Windows Update
The following instructions will help you update Windows.
- Start by clicking the Start button.
- Go to Windows Update after selecting the All Program option.
- On the next screen, a list of all available versions of Windows will appear.
- Press the Windows update button and wait for a few moments.
- Install QuickBooks again once the update is complete.
- Reboot your PC once more.
Solution 4: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- From QuickBooks’ official website, download the .exe file for QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Install the tool once it has been downloaded.
- Locate the data file for the company.
- The IP address and Network Interfaces number should be used.
- Using the Firewall Station option, select Open Ports to open the QuickBooks ports.
- Consolidate company data.
- Write the Data open Status & Advanced Status.
- Lastly, access the company file & check for the ongoing prevalence of the error now.
Solution 5: Delete the ECML file and Rename the Entitlement File
- To open the Run window, press Windows + R.
- Type in C:/ProgramData/Intuit/Entitlement Client/v8 in the Run window.
- Additionally, every HTML file will appear in Windows Explorer.
- Using a right-click, the user can select Delete from the ECML file once located.
- Shut the windows.
- Finally, open your QuickBooks software and register it again.
Solution 6: QuickBooks Tool Hub Use
The QuickBooks Hub Tool for diagnosing the QuickBooks errors is the best universal repair tool available in QuickBooks. Below are the steps for using the tool.
- Close all apps running in the background first.
- On your PC, open the QuickBooks Hub Tool.
- Then select Program Issue from the sidebar.
- Now you will have two options. Choose “Quick Fix my Program”, a green-colored tab.
- Click OK.
- QuickBooks is now accessible and the files can be opened.
The scope of this article is comprehensive and covers every aspect of QuickBooks Error 3371. You will surely find our article beneficial from the basics to the solutions. Hope you have no more problems in the future.
You May Also Read: Fix QuickBooks Error 1402