Extracurricular activities can also be called extra-academic activities. These are generally performed out of the school curriculum. Sports, community service, hobbies and writing competitions or researchers can be considered as extracurricular activities. These are useful to develop leadership skills, help you to be involved with your community, and allow you to create an impact in the minds of others.
Yellow Class is helping thousands of children to develop extracurricular activities through their kids’ activities online program. It is the best time for your kid to learn a new skill that will help him in the future. The need for extracurricular activities is increasing rapidly and it is, therefore, necessary to acquire any one skill. There are free online hobby courses available for kids coming from a financially weak background.
For example, learning brush Calligraphy is an art of writing that develops with skills and practice. It can trigger your creative thinking, develop your artistic ability, and improve your patience level. With such knowledge, you can be a professional in creating gorgeous posters. One can also learn about paintings and sculptures. These are art forms that can be useful in your kid’s future. Or, pick up a Dance style. Dancing gives strength to your inner thoughts. If your child loves local flavours, then you can try giving them knowledge of folk dance. Dancing helps to understand the rhythm of music and move with every beat. They make you feel independent and now it has been considered as a subject in higher education.
Earlier people had an idea that extracurricular activities were just a way to spend your time, but presently it has got its real value. Therefore it is not sufficient to make your kid learn only school books; instead, try to enrol them into some hobby classes.
Colleges and Universities love students having extracurricular activities as they find them to be active, passionate and talented. Even when you face an interview, the interviewer asks if you have a hobby or an extracurricular activity. Having an interesting activity skill can make you stand out from the crowd.
Here are some tips for you to remember regarding extracurricular activities –
- Try doing as many activities as possible during the early stages of your life. This is when your kids have a lot of time to spend on these activities and not let their academics suffer later.
- Once your kid is appearing in front of an admission officer try to narrow down their extracurricular activity list into three to five activities that you are more passionate about.
- Selecting extracurricular activities must focus on leadership skills and see what the impacts are as your kids grow up.
- Select extracurricular activities for a child that has a fun element along with creativity. Don’t pressurize your kid to select an activity that they are not passionate about.
- Don’t try picking up several activities when your child is having a hard schedule. This may affect them seriously and will make them frustrated and tired.
- The extracurricular activities shouldn’t affect the grades of your kid. As grades in academics are useful in every step of life and they shouldn’t be compromised due to overpressure with hobbies.
Think before you do something for your kid. Don’t create pressure on them and try to be friendly and observe their interests.