Whether a man or woman, we all want a flawless face. But unfortunately, we don’t always get what we want.
The problem of pimples is common to everyone. Some people get it too often, while others are just a bit lucky.
Pimple is a type of acne that is mainly caused by blocked pores which may be the result of dead skin cells, excess sebum production, or bacteria getting trapped in the pores. No matter what the reason is, no one likes it.
Having a pimpled face is the last thing you want when going out or getting up in the morning. It not only spoils your look but also gives you a traumatic feel as long as it lasts. If you think popping is the quick fix, then you are wrong. Instead, it will scar your face.
If you want to know how to remove pimples naturally and permanently in one day, then you are in the right place. In this detailed guide, we will tell you everything you need to know about removing pimples. So without wasting time, let’s dive into the details.
Causes Of Pimples
To get rid of your pimple problem, you must know what causes it. As already mentioned above, pimples are caused due to clogged pores on your skin. There can be multiple reasons for getting clogged pores.
Here are some of the main reasons why you get pimples:
Excess oil production from sebaceous glands
The sebaceous glands on your skin secrete a type of oil called sebum that helps lubricate your hair and skin. These glands are present all over our bodies, including our faces.
When your sebaceous glands secrete excess oil, it may clog the pores. In this case, the pores get stuck together because of the sticky sebum. This can ultimately lead to a pimple breakout.
Sometimes your pores can be clogged because of dead skin cells as well.
The blockage of pores mainly occurs when you are in your puberty stage. During this time, your sebaceous glands secrete more sebum than normal.
Another big cause of pimples is a bacterial infection. When dead skin cells and sebum block a pore, it encourages the growth of Propionibacterium acnes which is a slow-growing bacterium that causes acne.
Propionibacterium acnes are found on your skin. They are harmless, but when the conditions are right reproduce rapidly which turns into a problem. The bacterium feeds off the sebum on your skin and produces a substance that leads to spots and inflammation.
Too much fried and greasy foods may also cause pimples. This type of food is not only unhealthy for your body, but it also leads to acne.
Other reasons include:
If the problem of pimples or acne runs in your family, then there are high chances that you will get it too.
Some medications contain certain substances that can aggravate your pimple problem. This is mainly caused by medications containing bromides, iodides, or steroids.
Some cosmetics are more pore-clogging than others. If you are using any such products, then it can lead to a breakout of pimples. This is why you are advised to wash your face thoroughly while removing your makeup or other skincare products that you use.
People who have pimple problems should always go to “water-based” products.
Also see: 8 Best Skincare Tips for Women
Popular Methods To Remove Pimples
Now that you know the causes of pimples, it’s time to discuss how to remove pimples for men and women. We have listed some of the popular methods that are used.
With the help of a strong concoction, you can complete your spot treatments to remove pimples. But make sure that your concoction has the following ingredients: benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid. These ingredients are known to be very effective on pimples. But apply it only where the pimple is and not on the entire face.
One of the popular ways of removing pimples is by using toothpaste as it has antibacterial properties. However, you should not use any coloured or gel-based toothpaste. All you have to do is gently apply and rub it on your pimples before you go to bed at night. The toothpaste will dry out the pimple and by next morning, it should be gone.
Another very effective way of removing pimples is by using a sulphur mask. It helps in unclogging your pores and also reducing the size of pimples. You can either apply a sulphur mask on the target area or all over your face. If you want fast results, then make sure that you get the best sulphur mask from a reputed brand.
For those who suffer from severe to moderate pimples or acne should use retinoids. This helps in cleaning your pores and thus, allows medicated gels to work better. With the use of retinoids, you can also prevent outbreaks of pimples. But before you start using retinoids, you should first try it somewhere else on your skin.
Tea Tree oil
Tea tree oil is considered to be a very effective method of removing pimples. The antimicrobial properties in the oil neutralise bacteria and reduce the breakout. It also reduces the swollenness. You need to apply it on the pimple with a soft cotton swab.
If you are looking for an affordable way of getting rid of pimples, then using an ice pack will be a great idea. It not only clears the pores but also reduces the size of the pimple. This method is known to many women and they use it to get instant results. For those who want to know how to get rid of a pimple in an hour can try this method.
Chemical peeling is a type of treatment that is done by a professional. A chemical-based solution is used on your skin which helps remove dead skin cells and thus, clear your pores. This also helps in the regeneration of the skin.
Another professional technique is laser treatment. In this kind of treatment, a laser is used on the affected area. This is considered to be one of the best and most effective methods. However, you should know that it leaves your skin dry and red. But this can be fixed using ice packs and moisturisers.
If you are wondering how to remove pimples for boys and girls, you can try any of these methods. These are some of the popular pimple removing methods that are known to give you effective results.
Home Remedies And Ways To Remove Pimples
Here are some of the most effective home remedies for your pimple problem. The ingredients required for these remedies are easily available.
Honey face mask
Honey is known to have healing properties. The antibacterial properties present in honey helps in wounding infections and also control the growth of C. acnes.
This is a simple home remedy that can be followed by anyone.
Here is what you have to do:
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Apply honey and let it be for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the honey mask off using warm water and you are done.
Yogurt and yeast mask for oily skin
If you are someone who has very oily skin, then you should follow this remedy. According to studies, dairy products are found to be good for your skin. They promote skin health. Yogurt is a probiotic which can inhibit C. acnes that causes acne.
Here are the steps you need to follow to prepare the mask:
- Take 1 tsp of brewer’s yeast and a little bit of plain yogurt.
- Create a thin mixture and apply it thoroughly all over your face.
- Leave it on for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that rinse it off using warm water. Once that is done, use cold water to close the pores.
Turmeric facial mask
Many women use turmeric to get beautiful skin. That’s because it has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties that make your skin healthy. Not just that but turmeric is also effective on skin conditions like atopic dermatitis, acne, alopecia, and others.
If you want to get rid of pimples using a turmeric facial mask, then here is what you have to do:
- Mix 1/2 cup of chickpea flour with 2 tsp each of sandalwood powder, turmeric powder, and almond oil.
- Mix them well with water to make a thick paste.
- After that apply it gently on your face and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rub it with pressure using your fingers and palms to remove the paste from your skin.
- Once done, rinse it off with water.
Dos and Don’ts to remove pimples
- Look for cleansers containing beta hydroxy acids, alpha hydroxy acids, or a combination of the two.
- Use a mineral makeup powder which is completely inert. In other words, you should use makeup that doesn’t support bacterial growth.
- Apply your cream after 20 to 30 minutes of washing your face.
- Apply topical medications not just on the affected area, but on the entire face. This is important so that you can prevent the formation of new pimples.
- Wash off your makeup before going to bed. Or else it will clog your pores.
- Don’t wash your face too many times in a day as it will leave your face dry. This can also make your face itchy. Washing your face twice a day is just fine.
- Don’t pop your pimples or squeeze them. This will leave a scar behind.
- Don’t scrub your face more than twice a week. It can irritate your skin. Also, prevent the use of rough scrubbers.
- Don’t forget to wash your phone and pillowcase. Bacteria and dirt can transfer from your phone and pillowcase to your face.
- Don’t forget to consult a doctor, if you are getting pimples too often than normal.
Common Myths About Acne
Only teenagers get pimples
- Most pimples and acne indeed happen during your puberty. But it can also happen to people of all age groups.
Popping pimples makes them go away sooner
- No doubt, popping pimples can reduce their size, but it doesn’t make them go away. Instead, it scars your skin which can stay there permanently.
Pimples form overnight
- This is one of the most common myths believed by people. However, that is not true. Pimples are not caused overnight. They are just not visible until they glare out of your skin. The formation of a pimple is a long process that results from the clogging of pores.
Certain products can treat pimples forever
- This is not true at all. Some products can help reduce it. But no such product is made that can treat pimples forever.
The problem of pimples is common to both genders. If you take the proper precautionary steps, then you can avoid getting them more frequently. Hopefully, this article will help you get rid of your pimples.
FAQs about pimples
How to remove pimples in one day?
- To remove pimples in one day, you should use an ice pack or tea tree oil. These are effective pimple removing methods.
Can toothpaste remove pimples?
- By applying toothpaste overnight, you can get rid of pimples. It will dry out the pimple and make it go. But make sure you use only white toothpaste.
What type of food causes pimples?
- Eating too much oily and junk food can cause pimples. This is why you should avoid consuming excess greasy and fried foods.
Do pimples mark go away?
- The hyperpigmented scars are not permanent. They slowly fade away. It can take up three to six months after the pimple has disappeared.
What causes pimples?
- Pimples are caused due to clogged pores which can result from dead skin cells, excess oil secretion, and bacterial infection. This is why you should clean your face daily.