In addition to facilitating the combing of curls, these homemade recipes provide nutrients to the hair and help us to show off a much healthier mane.
Most women with curly hair must use special products in order to achieve perfect and long-lasting styles, thus maintaining well-defined curls.
The shape of the hair usually allows you to wear different styles, although sometimes many people have difficulty treating it, because it is too unruly and tends to get tangled all the time.
Although the curls look good after normal rinsing, with the passage of time that annoying “electric” effect appears that makes it look disheveled.
Fortunately, in addition to conventional creams and shampoos, there are some treatments of natural origin that help us to give them definition and shine.
Therefore, we offer the opportunity to want to share 5 interesting recipes so that you do not hesitate to try them as part of your hair beauty routine.
1. Honey and coconut oil treatment
A hydrating treatment of honey and coconut oil provides the hair with fatty acids and amino acids that reduce frizz or frizz and split ends.
Its regular application reduces the aggressions suffered by the hair due to chemicals and heat , which is key to keeping your curls beautiful.
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g).
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g).
Add the honey to a container and mix it with coconut oil until you get a homogeneous product.
- Dampen hair and apply treatment from roots to ends.
- We need to cover it with a shower cap and let it act for 30 minutes.
- Rinse as usual and repeat its use at least 3 times a week.
2. Yogurt and egg treatment
With the ingredients that we combine in this natural product, we can facilitate curl styling, avoiding the subsequent appearance of frizz. Its essential nutrients revitalize dry strands and help seal hair cuticles.
- 1 egg.
- ½ cup of plain yogurt (100 g).
Beat an egg and mix it with half a cup of plain yogurt.
- Dampen the hair, separate it into several strands and then distribute the treatment.
- Let it act for 30 or 40 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Use it 2-3 times a week to keep your curls hydrated.
3. Avocado and vitamin E treatment
Rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids, avocado is one of the best natural products to revitalize unruly and frizzy hair. However, it should be noted that its nutrients combined with vitamin E oil, repair the aggressions of the hair and facilitate the combing of curls.
- 1 ripe avocado.
- 1 capsule of vitamin E.
- Extract the pulp from a ripe avocado and mix it with the contents of a vitamin E capsule.
- Make sure you get a creamy paste.
- Dampen the hair and apply the treatment.
- Let it act for 30 minutes and rinse.
- Use it 2 times a week.
4. Beer and lemon treatment
Due to its amino acid and antioxidant content, beer is an alternative hair treatment that helps us to give definition and shine to unruly curls. If we combine it with a little lemon juice, we obtain a revitalizing product, since it is ideal for enhancing growth and increase volume.
- ½ cup of beer (125 ml).
- The juice of one lemon.
- Extract the juice of a lemon and dilute it in half a cup of beer.
- Pouring the liquid into a spray bottle for ease of use.
- It is important to apply the treatment throughout the hair, including the scalp.
- Let it act for 40 minutes and rinse with plenty of water.
- Use it every day.
5. Aloe vera and argan oil treatment
This treatment contains proteins, vitamin E and fatty acids, making it a great alternative to revitalize damaged and split-ended hair. Its moisturizing action is ideal to avoid the electrical effect on the curls and, in addition, it keeps the mane shiny and strong.
- 6 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (90 g).
- 3 tablespoons of argan oil (45 g).
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (16 g).
Put the aloe vera gel in a bowl and mix it with the argan and olive oil.
- Dampen the hair and then apply the treatment until it is completely covered.
- Let it act for 30 minutes and rinse.
- Repeat its use 3 times a week.
Do you want to have healthy and well defined curls?
Having healthy and well-defined curls is possible if you know how to give your hair the care it needs. Apply the mask that you like the most regularly, use an appropriate diffuser and look for the hairstyles that help you keep those waves under control.
Additionally, remember that to have healthy and strong hair, you must maintain a good diet, since part of the nutrients you receive from food are those that will help keep the strands healthy and growing accordingly.