Quickbooks file doctor is a tool used to fix common issues that can occur while using the Quickbooks application. It is free to use and is used to fix the common network and company file issues. There are two versions of the tools available: The built-in version and the stand-alone version. This tool comes in a built-in version for Quickbooks version 2016 and above. In case you have a Quickbooks version 2016 or later, you can use the built-in version. If you do not know how to do it, go through this complete article. We have mentioned a full process to use the built-in version of QBFD.
Errors Fixed Using Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
You can fix the following issues with the help of the tool:
- To start with, you can fix common company file issues including company file, not opening.
- Use the tool to fix network issues like h101, h202, h505.
- Company issues like error 6150, error 6000, error 6130 can be fixed.
- You can also fix issues related to the vendors list like the empty vendor list or missing ones.
Things to Know About QBFD
If you are using the built-in version of the QBFD, you will have to keep certain things in mind. Check out the important facts below.
- The QBFD is available only for the CA, UK, and US versions.
- You will also not have to install the Quickbooks application on the system to run the stand-alone version.
- The built-in version is supported by Windows 7, 8, 10.
- Other than this, you will have to install the .Net framework on the system to use the tool. If it is not installed, the tool will install on its own.
Steps to Run Quickbooks File Doctor from Quickbooks Desktop
You can easily resolve most of the errors using the built-in Quickbooks file doctor tool. For this, there will be a blue start button available in Quickbooks that you need to click on. The Quickbooks file doctor will then start. Carry out the whole process by following the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to start Quickbooks on your system and make sure that the No company open window is opened on the screen. Also, do not open the file.
- After this, you will have to go to the File option and then choose the Utilities option.
- Under this, choose the repair file option and then choose the network problems option.
- A prompt will then appear on the screen and then you need to choose an OK option. After this, Quickbooks file doctor will launch on the screen.
- Now, if the Windows user account control prompt appears on the screen, you need to choose the Yes option.
- After this, look for the green wrench icon, and then the built-in file doctor will open.
- You will then have to click on the continue option.
- It will now redirect you to the login page of the company file and you will have to enter your admin credentials.
- Next, you will have to click on the advanced settings option and then choose the diagnosis file.
- Now choose the Next option.
- Wait for the diagnosis to complete. On completion, open your file and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Read Also: How To Fix Quickbooks Error PS033
Steps to Open Quickbooks File Doctor Tool with Quickbooks Tool Hub
Now, if you do not want to download the Quickbooks file doctor separately or use the built-in version, you can use the tool with the help of the Quickbooks tool hub. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow.
- To begin with, you need to make sure that Quickbooks is not running on your system.
- Now, you need to visit the official Quickbooks website and then download the Quickbooks tool hub. Make sure to download the recent version.
- Now, open the download section and then click on the Quickbookstoolhub.exe file.
- Next, you will have to accept the license and then complete the installation process according to the on-screen prompt.
- After this, you need to open Quickbooks on the system.
- Once done, in the tool window, choose the company file issues option.
- Under this, you need to choose the option to run the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- Now, choose the file that you wish to scan and then click on the check file option.
- After this, if asked, you need to enter the admin credentials.
- Let the scan complete. When complete. You need to check if the error persists.
Quickbooks file doctor is surely a great option to resolve the issues that you can face while using the Quickbooks application. So, if you want to use the built-in version of the tool, follow the steps in the same order as mentioned in the above section of the article. We hope the article has helped you.